TAGGIA & THE TAGGIASCA OLIVE
The ancient Dominican Convent and the vibrant Medieval town
Departure: Saturdays – 3.30pm
Duration: 4 hours
Price from: Euro 99,00 per person
One of the most historical and cultural hotspots in the Region for centuries. A place of peace and meditation with its cloistered courtyard. It still houses unique artworks and showcases rare religious Ligurian architecture, polyptichs from the mid 15th century, and lots more ….
In the hub of the authentic medieval village see the “Pantan”, with its ancient families’ coats of arms and fortified portals, we’ll visit the old, characteristic “Botteghe” that still sell the hand-made products of the Argentina Valley. Canestrelli, borage grissini and other sweet or savoury bakery specialties, made with the local extra-virgin olive oil, are an unexpected surprise.
During the guided tour you will also taste “Taggiasca” olives and the extra virgin olive oil produced in the Argentina Valley.
- Transfer by car / minivan;
- Guided tour of the Medieval village with licensed tourist guide;
- Visit of the characteristical “botteghe”;
- Visit of the ancient Dominican Convent;
- PDO Riviera Ligure – Riviera dei Fiori extra-virgin olive oil and Taggiasca tasting;
- Shared tour/experience. Small groups of 4-8 persons, led by English-speaking licensed guide.
Pick-up at your hotel. As we have several pic-ups, the customer is always due to the meeting point 15 minutes before the departure.
-Please wear comfortable clothing and walking shoes.
– Our food tours & experiences run regardless of weather conditions – rain, hail or shine!
– The Italian Riviera is always sunny, but in case of rain bring an umbrella / raincoat as we will be outdoors for most of the tour.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By booking a trip, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions that govern the relationship between the client and Roberta Giovannina (Med Food Lab is a brand of Roberta Giovannina), the cancellation policy and limitations of liability. All persons wishing to make a booking have carefully read and fully understood the terms and conditions that follow… (read more about terms and conditions)